Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Good Busy Week

I got some great news yesterday from the Big Brother Big Sister organization. They have a match for a big brother for Zachary. We'll get to meet him on Tuesday! I'm very excited for Zachary to have some regular one on one time with positive male role model. I think it's really important for him. Zachary seems pretty excited about it as well.

I've still been feeling really tired. I think my sleep is just garbage right now. I need to be taking my Ambien regularly I guess to get out of this wake-up cycle. And I think I need to put Tubby (our orange and white cat) in the bathroom at night so he'll stop scratching at the door and waking me up. He's a persistent little booger...I'd be happy to let him in the room at night but he doesn't sleep and instead knocks stuff off the dresser, the night stand, etc.

Work...well, it's not a feel-good place right now at all. That's about all I'm going to say on the topic for now. Too much expected, too few resources, and not enough appreciation. One of my main projects (that I am the only resource on despite numerous requests to management to change that) is going to come due for some QA right about the time I'm going out for my fissurectomy and sphincterotomy. I will NOT be coming back to work before I'm ready like I did after my bypass surgery. Ain't gonna happen.

I think PMS this month is kicking my butt. I've had lots of food cravings when I KNOW I'm not physiologically hungry. I've done well at keeping the cravings at bay, though I did have an extra treat/snack the other day when I just thought if I didn't accommodate the craving somehow I'd probably go ballistic and eat a bunch of junk that I shouldn't or more of stuff that's ok. It's still a mind thing you know...it doesn't stop just because we lose weight. It's easier to deal with the "stuffing your face" syndrome because physically, if I overeat I am in pain (so it's not something I do because I don't want to ruin my tool, I want it to be there for me when I need it).

I think I'm just in a rambling mode today. It's not that I have anything in particular to talk about...just feel the need to talk. And sleep. Sleep would be really good right now.

1 comment:

Stephie Says..... said...

I can so relate to the emotional easting thing...What the heck with that? It is like the food is screaming your name and you HAVE to answer. So glad your tool helps with the control thing. I NEED a tool too...lol hows the Big Brother thing working out? Hope well....