Monday, March 31, 2008

"Normal" BMI

It's been since sometime in 1999 that I had a BMI that was in the "normal" range. This morning though, with my weekly weigh-in, I hit a BMI of 24.9. I'm still having that kind of "wow" feeling. What's more is I keep thinking "and I will always be keeping it in the 'normal' range from here on out." I know that folks struggle with regain and such...I'm not in denial about that possibility, but I am refusing to accept that possibility for myself because that is within my control.

It's Monday. I'm sleepy and tired. I stayed up too late watching the end of a movie and now I'm paying for it today. It will definitely take every ounce of motivation I have to get my butt down to the gym today, but I know that I'll feel better afterwards for having done it. I just have to stay focused on that. And it will likely help my energy level this afternoon too...maybe I'll even go down as early as 11 and then be done by 12. :)

I saw both of my neurologists last week. The neuropathy in my foot/ankle has improved/stabilized. I still have pain, but it isn't really keeping me from being active at this point, it's just a nuisance more than anything. So, I won't see that neuro unless I need to. My other neuro, for my migraines, I see him once a year at this point because things are pretty stable there as well. I still get migraines, but they have stayed much less frequent than they used to be. We talked about my dosage of the propanalol and he said I could try cutting it back to once a day if I wanted and see how that worked. What I opted for instead was to split the tablet in two and take half in the a.m. and half in the p.m. and see how that goes. If the migraines stay at the same level they are now, I'll stick with that dosage. They were both really very positive about how healthy I am now (one said "this is the healthiest I have ever seen you"). That felt really good.

Oh, and my bum surgery is scheduled for April 15th. Yes, all kinds of jokes can be made about pulling things out of my bum considering it's tax day, but I don't owe the IRS any money so we won't go there. :)

No comments: