Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Silly Excited

Sometimes I feel ridiculously silly about this, but I get really excited for my visits with Melinda and Ellen at Heart and Wellness. They are both positive, understanding people who know what I've been through physically and emotionally and they help me keep a great perspective. They're also a huge source of support and positive reinforcement for all I've been doing and working on. I guess in many ways I'm still just an approval junkie and I thrive on getting their approval when I know I've been doing what I should be doing. It's nice to get those kudos...I need them and they give them. I'm also pretty eager to review my labs and hopefully get some insight into the fatigue I've been feeling. If there's some way I can adjust my eating, supplements or routine that will help, I'm all for that. I honestly feel like I could just sleep all the time lately. Maybe it's winter blahs, but I think it may be a little more than that. We'll see.

I'm also really glad it's "hump" day. Work has been a little trying this week. As my boss put it yesterday, I've been the "rubber band" this week in terms of changing priorities. From the time I walked in Monday morning and a coworker asked me what I was working on, A or B, and I said neither because I didn't know about either and was just learning then that A and B were competing priorities, to yesterday when we had our staff meeting where more venting went down about lip service from upper management, I'm ready for this week to be over. Really ready.

Tonight I take Zachary to see the new counselor. I'm feeling optimistic about that. I hope this is someone who can really help Zachary with some coping skills. Pat gave me some really positive feedback last night about how great it is to be addressing these anxiety issues with him productively, helping him get some coping skills, while he's young so it won't impact him as much. I hope she's right. I don't want him to have a childhood full of anxiety.

No comments: