Tuesday, August 7, 2007

OK to Eat Solid Foods Again!

If I had any doubts about doing this surgery, I do not have them anymore. I had my Heart & Wellness appointment this morning (blood work done, met with the NUT and nurse) and I'm doing great as far as they are concerned. I got the go ahead to have regular soft solids! Now, I have had little to no issues in the liquid states (except occasionally some mild nausea) and so part of me wondered "did I really get what I hoped to out of this procedure, the restriction I needed/wanted?"

So with the go-ahead to have real food, I went to lunch with a coworker to a local Thai restaurant. I ordered the chicken green curry, asked them to hold the rice. I split the chicken into two portions right off the bat (figuring there was probably 3 to 4 ounces in the entire dish) and started on my lunch half. The first several bites went down great...and then I started to "feel" them...not really in a bad way, but in a way that reassured me and told me "yup, you have restriction, you are more limited in the quantities you can eat." And I was SO happy about this. I got through my half...the last bite I had was absolutely the last bite I could have and I had a few minutes of discomfort but I just breathed through them. In 5 minutes, the discomfort had passed and I had already given them my dish to wrap up the rest. I will have some veggies later for a snack as I didn't have room for them at lunch. It tasted SOOOOOO good!!!!

All that time on liquids was worth the wait for solids to know that my pouch has healed. And the taste of wonderful food again??? YUM!

No comments: