Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sledding with My Son!

I know that it is part of my journey is to work on the issues I have with opening up to people. I just don't really know how or where to begin. I tend to trust the wrong people, and not open up with the right ones. And so, over time, I've learned that really no one is "safe" enough to be completely me around...there is no one I feel comfortable enough with to laugh with, cry with, be every part of me with...and I know it's hampering my progress.

On a happy note, I was thinking about things I couldn't do before weight loss surgery that I CAN do now that I’m excited about. It was going sledding with my son today! We rode down on the sled together. Even though I had the voice in my head telling me “people will think what the hell is she doing on that sled??? She’s too big!” I was able to remind myself that wasn’t rational and we had an absolute blast!

No comments: