Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Confessions and Transgressions

Confessions. Holiday food transgressions. I got my act together this past Saturday and am feeling so much better.

My sins: Not working out more than 1 day a week since Thanksgiving. Bad, bad, bad. Eating too much of good choice foods between the week before Christmas and the end of last week. Eating cookies...many, many cookies.

I did track my food...I did take my vitamins...I did get most of my water in (not all on a couple of days)...but I know that overall, I wasn't doing what I needed to do at all. I spent a lot of time this past weekend doing some soul searching (and seeking of supportive guidance from some of the further out successful post-ops who are my lifeline) about where I was, what I was doing, and how to move forward.

First, cookies are a trigger food for me...there is no limiting myself with them...so they need to just be off limits. Second, because life was so hectic and busy, I had stopped cooking meals as I had been. As such, my meals were quick, fast stuff (cold cuts, cheese), pre-prepared stuff that is fine, but I get bored pretty quickly with the same things like that every day. I wasn't treating myself and my food with the love and respect that we both deserve...and that means preparing healthy, nutritious and appealing meals for me that have lots of flavor. So, this weekend I spent some time back in the kitchen...fixing things I love that take more time so that I am getting the soul nourishment from my food in addition to the nutritional nourishment I need.

I recognize these things are really key for me...and I'm moving forward. I also got my butt down to the gym today at lunch time. My goal is a minimum of 3 to 4 times per week in the gym...very doable.

No comments: