Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thoughts On Maintainance

At a little over a year out, I still weigh and measure everything. I still food journal daily. I have begrudgingly increased my calories, afraid that I will regain...or that my body will adapt to the new intake levels and start up with the chronic, insatiable hunger again. I am constantly afraid that these bouts with being unsatisfied (I'm usually pretty satisfied these days), unfull (which I am, most of the time...my measured portions do not fill me up but they DO satisfy me) will just continue.

This, this is the hard work I think of being further out...and I am so very early in the further out stages. I have a lifetime ahead of me. It's work. Make no mistake about it. It's about diligence in my mind and habits. It's about that constant awareness to determine if it's real hunger, head hunger, or something else. It's about learning to accept that I'm not always going to do this perfectly, but that doesn't mean I am going to go into a downward spiral like I always have in the past. I have more armor to help me in the battle than I have ever had before. I just have to remember to use it.

No comments: