Wednesday, July 9, 2008

All In A Year's Work

I know it's typically "Day's" work, but today, it's been one year since my bypass surgery. It's hard to believe that a full year has passed already. It's really been quite a year (well, and a little more if I include Cardiac Risk Reduction and everything else). I know I'm the same person I was, but I feel like a different person with a different outlook, a different body, different aspirations. I feel like I have life ahead of me now, instead of it being some chore I'm muddling through.

There are many new anxieties since I'm so very close to maintenance of my weight. Number one on that list is regain. I'm petrified of it. I've never in the past managed to keep my lost weight off. In all honesty, I can't even say I know what it was that has derailed me in the past. All I can focus on is the here and now, and making sure I don't get off track. One day, one minute, one second at a time it seems.

To celebrate, I did a little shopping. I haven't bought many clothes except for bras and underwear. I've been ever so fortunate in that I've been clothed by absolutely fabulous hand-me-downs from my cousin. She has fantastic taste in clothing and she's short and teeny like me. I decided to splurge a little on some dresses, because I have none of those. I'm sure they (and I) will look a lot better when I've done my hair and makeup.

No comments: