Monday, January 16, 2012

Dreaming

Amazing things can happen when you believe in your dreams. I may post 364 days of negativity for the next year after this...I don't plan to, but anything can happen. But today? My gosh, everything today was gold.

To begin, it was Zachary's 11th birthday...i.e., the 11th anniversary of me becoming a mom (as his step-mom reminded me this morning). This little boy is the smartest, sweetest, kindest human being I have ever met in my life...and I'm so incredibly blown away by the fact that he's mine. His gift to this world is/will be profound, I know it. His very existence has made my life worthwhile. I told him this morning, as I cuddled him in bed at 7 a.m., that he taught me about love in ways I never knew, and I told him just how amazing he has made my life.

Zachary's wish for his birthday was not for gifts, but for hope. He asked that his friends make a donation to The Animal Rescue League of Boston and Heifer International on his behalf. His delight when they did just that was uncontainable. How do you make a momma happy? Make her child happy.

I had an interview today at a hospital that went extremely well and was a great boost to my self-esteem. In addition, I was notified today that the student member story about my career choice, which I submitted to the AARC Times (the American Association for Respiratory Care Times, the national publication for Respiratory Therapists) after one of my instructors encouraged me to write about, was being published in an upcoming issue.

We visited with friends today, and Zachary heard from friends and family alike. Nope, really, it doesn't get better than this. Dare to dream...because dreaming can make it real. Thank you God, for giving me this blessed day.

No comments: